Wednesday 26 January 2011

Priory Country Park in Search of the Kramer Hide

Being new to the Bedford Bird scene I went to find the Kramer Hide at Priory Marina, it was very overcast and quite late so this was more of a recky for future reference rather than a serious session. I found the hide without any trouble and would imagine this is a great vantage point in kinder weather.  There wasn't a lot of birds in view but just as I was about to leave there was a streak of azure as a Kingfisher flew from left to right in front of the hide, which cetainly brightened up the day no end.


Swans preening together on the beach on the main lake at Priory Country Park.





Canada Geese in large numbers also






During my short visit I also observed,  Tufted Duck, Coot, Moorhen, Cormorant, Black Headed Gull, Mallard, Great Crested Grebe, Grey Heron and Pochard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...