Monday 10 January 2011

Goldfinches A Go Go

The Goldfinches have moved on from the thistle feeder and have now taken a liking to Sunflower Hearts - they constantly squabble amongst themselves but do not stand much of a chance against the Greenfinches who also go for this particular delicacy. I just wish Sunflower hearts were cheaper ;)

Goldfinch

Greenfinch with Whole Sunflower Seeds having consumed my full supply of hearts


By the time I got out into the garden today the Sun (which had up to this point been conspicuous by it's absence) was shining right into my eyes making photographing the birds from my "hide" impossible. What to do? Well obvious really, take my redundant Christmas tree and place it next to a fir tree and with the sun behind me hide behind it to take some pictures. Either the birds are very trusting or a Christmas tree (minus the decorations) is great camouflage!  Do my neighbours think I'm barmy, of course they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...