Wednesday 2 May 2012

BTO Nightingale Survey

Been out doing the BTO Nightingale Survey over the past couple of weeks. Despite lots of visits to "my" patch nothing to report so far. This doesn't unfortunately come as a great surprise as my one potential hot spot (with a Nightingale record only last year) has been "improved" beyond recognition with a formally wild area tidied, paths widened and hedges cut right back. I have visited regularly (more in hope than expectation) but apart from a solitary singing Robin, a Song Thrush and a couple of Blackbirds, the once thriving sanctuary is now devoid of wildlife.

My main hope is now pinned on a couple of prime Nightingale friendly habitats which just might come up trumps but with no recent records it's a bit of a long shot. One more weekend of early starts and late finishes with fingers firmly crossed for a positive outcome.

I'm seeing a lot of sunrises and sunsets lately:






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...