Monday 9 April 2012

Sunday 8th April 2012

My very dank and cloudy Sunday morning walk revealed 75 bird species but nothing that could be added as a new tick for the year. The transient Yellow Wags were not of the ploughed field at Willington when I was there but there were reports later in the day. Lots of Chiffchaffs, Blackcaps, Linnets and Mipits but no Sedge Warbler or Terns. Given the awful conditions I was glad to see anything, on a positive note it was great to see the pair of Buzzards over Octagon Farm Pits and the Oyster Catchers at Willington.

Conditions were not conducive with photography so later in the day I called into the Cut behind Aspects Leisure Park in Bedford in the hope of finding the resident Heron on the weir, I was not disappointed. It always amazes me at the amount of wildlife that can be found in spots like this, and from a photography point of view animals in an urban environment are always less skittish.

The pictures below are a fraction of the wildlife observed here in the space of about 30 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...